Friday 11 November 2011

Music Genre

To help me choose my music genre I looked at Bauer’s Magazines. Bauer does 3 specific music magazines that each has their own Niche,
‘Q’ magazines music genre is Modern Quality music. ‘Q’ magazine makes 12 issues a year and is the UK’s biggest selling monthly music magazine.
‘Mojo’ magazines music genre is Classic Rock. ‘Mojo’ magazine makes 12 issues a year and is the world’s biggest UK music magazine.
‘Kerrang’ magazines music genre is rock music. ‘Kerrang’ magazine makes 51 issues a year and is the world’s biggest selling weekly music magazine.


From looking at the Bauer Magazine production, the genre I have decided to choose for my music magazine will be ‘rock’, I looked at Kerrang magazines, which is also in the rock genre, and found that they issue artists such as, My chemical romance, Paramore, Greenday, and Fall out boy. I want my magazine to be in the same style as these magazines.






No comments:

Post a Comment